Thursday, April 28, 2011

can you spot the changes?

In case you've been wondering whats been occupying my time lately, here's a little treat for you.

Yes we recently moved a few months ago into the grandparents house (may they both be resting in peace). And it has been my particular goal as of late to give the front a face lift.

Growing up I always enjoyed the pictures that you had to circle all the differences, so give it a go.

Here's the before:

And here's the after:A bit different wouldn't you agree? Couldn't be happier with it. So glad it was relatively painless.
But lets see how many differences you can spot.

Did you get 9ish?


01. Removed storm door.



02. New doorbell (I will forever love Restoration Hardware for their $10 amazing doorbells)



03. Removed scrolly ironwork in front of front window (while Bug was at school one night)



04. Removed extra scrolly ironwork around railings.



05. Made our own shutters. 7 in all.



06. Hung new lights (2) on the porch, (1) over the garage.



07. Painted the ironwork black.



08. spray painted the mailbox and added some vintage charm with some letters and numbers found at an antique store.



09. Painted side door to garage and garage door. (just painted the garage door this morning. Can't get over how much I love it)



...I think I have everything. We also removed the address #'s because they freaked me out, quite frankly. In their place I have a new one, waiting to be hung. So not pictured here. Guess you'll have to do a drive-by to take it all in.



Thank you to Bug for being the kinda guy that when I say "I want shutters." He says, "how deep of a groove would you like on each board?"



We've gotten sunburned, windblown, and snowed on. All in a matter of 3 weeks. Bushes still need to be manicured. And certain plants to be planted.



But for now: onto the kitchen.

4 comments:

  1. WoW! Wow! It all looks amazing. Great job. I can't wait to see it in person.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks great! And, of course you MADE your own shutters... It's got to be nice to be so talented and productive.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holli, the house looks great! Thank you so much for letting us use that bed. My niece had surgery, her sister is here and my 2 brothers. It is getting good use!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want you to know that just today, as we were driving out of the circle, Hank (my 11 year old) said, "wow, they painted their garage... looks really nice." Love the shutters too. Thank you for raisig my property value :)
    (Michele)

    ReplyDelete