Six weeks, and we've had some big changes. Or maybe just one big change that has affected every aspect of our lives. Six weeks ago (today, actually) we became a family of five. Here are some of the highlights:
Nightly bedtime stories where they all pile in together and read. Love that this is their thing.
A big thanks to everyone who helped before baby C was born. A & B basically moved in with my parents the week before he was born because I was good for absolutely nothing.
|Couldn't have done it without Bug.|
|The siblings meeting for the first time.|
|my dad is a bit of a scout fanatic...as hinted at here|
|getting ready to leave the hospital|
And Miss A graduated from preschool. Can't stand how old she is getting. And that she starts KINDERGARTEN this next year. Seriously where does the time go?
Miss A also had a big dance recital, which I love that she has no hesitations about getting up and preforming. But that also meant around our house that preschool and dance were over for the summer leaving me with 3 kids. (still haven't taken them to the grocery store with me...pretty sure I'd have a nervous breakdown)
Taking good care of the little one. This baby gets a fourth as much sleep as the other two since he is constantly woken up by kisses and other good intentions by his siblings.
|one month old|
We sure love our little guy. He is a great baby. He's already given us a scare earlier in the week when Bug found a lump when changing his diaper one night. I was a nervous wreck about it, and hated every moment in the doctors office when they had to cut it open. Knives and needles...and only sugar water to calm him down. These are my least favorite moments as a mom. But he is doing better much. Just crossing our fingers that the abscess doesn't come back. But little baby C was nothing but a doll about it all.
- Already lost B on one of our initial outings. Traumatized me so much that I have sworn off going to parks without Bug for a year.
- Felt like a rock star the first time our family of FIVE attended church (which we have 9:00 a.m. church)...never mind we only were there 2ish out of 3 hours. And that when I heard Baby C crying in the corner, I wondered who's baby it was before cluing in.
- Getting okay amounts of sleep...having a newborn is hard on that no matter what.
- Spending the entire morning getting everyone ready to go to my mom's house, loading up the car with projects and kids to find out at the last minute the car was dead. (Glad that after I piled everyone out my sister came and picked us up so we could still make it out for the day)
- Completely obsessed with getting this little guy to smile at us. I think it's all our favorite thing at the moment. And super happy that it confirmed he has a dimple too.
Six weeks have already flown by. Six weeks! I keep thinking of the quote "The days are long but the years are short." Couldn't believe in it more. So, just trying to store up all the precious moments of cuddling up with my little guy.