Saturday, May 7, 2011

a few more done

In case you're wondering, I am still hard at work at my 30 before 30 goals. I have a few I'd like to declare DONE.







And since my post with them all listed is under construction, I'll just share the few I have accomplished thus far here.




#3. paint an oil painting to go over the stairs in our entry way. Done. Took me a few trys to get the look I was going for. I know it still needs a frame. Bug is actually going to make it for me. Making the total cost of this project ridiculously low. Also, I searched far and wide for a vase that seemed fitting. Got a little fed up with the lack of choices. Finally found this beauty deeply discounted at Pier One. {note to self: must make Pier One a new go-to location}(insert my apologies here for not having high quality photos.)Also, must tell you I have great friends. One in particular (who is a florist) did these fresh flowers for me, cut straight from her yard. Couldn't stop staring at them.Which brings me to my next point:

#19: invite neighbors to dinner. On a whim, I signed up for a neighborhood progressive dinner party. Thinking of this list, I also said we could host.


We ended up have 9 couples over that night, which I am happily using to cross of my list. It wasn't exactly what I had in mind for my goal, but I have no qualms about crossing this puppy off my list. This also sparked the garage door getting painted, and the florist friend poking flowers here and there around the house. In fact, florist friend also was my c0-garage door painter. Now I am simply spoiled and will demand that if any groups of people are coming over, she MUST precede them with flowers.#12: Re-purpose jewelry box. This one took a lot of time. More than I usually spend on a re-do. But well worth it. It is already a staple piece in my bedroom. Love how it turned out. Love that I got it for free. Love that Miss A and Mr. B generally leave it alone. Love that I can now request more jewelry.P.S. note the rose on top. Planning on wearing that to church tomorrow in honor of Mother's Day. My own little homemade corsage.#7: Read the Book of Mormon, cover to cover. I have 10 pages left, but I am still counting it. I really pushed hard so that I could cross this baby off. I also should mention I am currently in 3 book clubs, and wanted to make this book a priority...


And this morning, I finished something that I was excited to do for a while but a little unsure how to do. When my grandma passed away over a year ago we were able to pick out some of her jewelry. I got this earring that had no mate. I was determined it still had not lived it's life, and wanted to give it a reawakening, but didn't have a plan. Until now. (note the necklace below)
This will always been a special reminder of my grandma, and how I miss her and my other grandma this Mother's Day. They both were particularly wonderful women.


Now I'm off to humbly work on following in their footsteps.


Happy Mother's Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment