Wednesday, October 26, 2011

yep

Around here, it seems some phrases just keep repeating themselves.  Such as:

"Who's ready to watch another show?" (me to kids)
"I promise I got ready today" (me to Bug)
"I don't feel so good." (me...about every hour)

Yep, it means that baby #3 is on its way.  And our house seems to have shut down from day one.  This one has been hard (not made any easier by the bout of stomach flu I experienced on top of the constant nausea).  The house hasn't been cleaned in forever, my kids could easily file neglect charges against me, and Bug has been running all over this city to find some sort of food that will pass the test.  And also might explain why I cut all cooking off my 30 before 30 list (gross) and celebrated on my actual birthday dinner at Crown Burger (unthinkable) because I let Bug pick the restaurant since nothing sounded remotely tempting.  Don't feel too bad for me though, because the next night I was in the mood for steak and potatoes...

Don't get me wrong: we are definitely excited.  The little one should make its debut in early May.  One of my most favorite moments is in the doctor's office hearing the first sound of the heartbeat, the first connection to a tiny life.  We haven't told the kids yet. Which, can you blame us?  It would be like asking them what they wanted for Christmas in January.  But I am sure A can't remember life before mom's tummy didn't hurt.  She also excitedly discovered in the car the other day that we have room for one more kid in between her and her brother.  Perhaps Santa will break the news?

Anyway, if you have had this funny feeling like I've fallen off the face of the earth...I have.  But I'll be back.  Just give me one more month and I'll be ready to tackle it all once more.  I may even one day cook dinner for my family again.

10 comments:

  1. That is so exciting!! Congratulations! Don't feel too bad because the other morning on the way to drop Tate off at school I said "oh shoot, I forgot to feed you breakfast... I have Tic Tacs?" And today was great too as Tate wore a leotard to school because she didn't have any clean underwear.

    Mother of the year FOR SURE goes to me.

    But, very very exciting news for your family! Hang in there;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats!! So excited for you guys. Don't feel bad about the house, you should see mine and I have no excuse. Enjoy your down time because life will keep getting crazier and the kids get more demanding.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations!!! I'm excited for you. Hope you start feeling better soon. Being sick on top of being pregnant on top of being a mom is just plain crappy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yahoo! That's great news, except the really sick part. Just cut yourself a whole lot of slack and be grateful kids memories aren't that good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats! Sorry you are sick...just don't feel guilty for never getting ready for the day, never turning the TV off and never cooking! I think the guilt trip we give ourselves is just the worst. You are pregnant and it won't last forever! Enjoy the time off from life and all the fast food for a while ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yea for May babies!! Congratulations!! You're in good company--I don't even have kids yet and my house is a mess! No cooking. Lots of time on the couch. We'll make it to May, right!? So happy for you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations!! We are excited for you : ) Hope you start to feel a little better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. YEAH!!!!!!! So happy for you!!!! The thought of having 3 TERRIFIES me, you will have to let me know how it goes. When you get feeling better, please please please lets get together!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yippee!!!! That is so wonderful! 3 was the most horrible pregnancy for me, but the best recovery, so maybe an easy recovery will be coming your way. ;) We are super excited for your little family...get feeling better and then plan a trip to the pacific northwest and I promise you won't have to cook a single meal while you are here.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats my friend! Hoping your pregnancy goes quickly and I'm here to tell that yes, again, the pay off is worth it. I've been meaning to call/text you but I've been running non-stop with our new one too. Happy Pregnancy! #3 rocks!

    ReplyDelete