Tuesday, January 4, 2011

welcome 2011

Welcome 2011.

I was anxious for you to arrive. Granted, we didn't greet you entirely proper since we rang in the new year somewhere around 8:45 p.m. But no matter. It was still a profoundly fun evening with good company, and good food (if I do say so myself).

But back to why I am glad for your arrival: 2010 was definitely memorable. With moving and everything else that comes with that, as well as the loss of a dearly loved lady, we ended the year in more of a frenzie then to be expected.

2011: I know you'll be a good one for us. I just do. Some evidence of this: yesterday (the first dreaded Monday of the year) I had the morning off. And it was lovely. Bug randomly had that day off and since he used most of his vacation time for funeral stuff, this day was preciously dedicated to my enjoyment. While Bug spent the morning carpooling kids to preschool, making DI runs, helping his mom, and being a dad I spent it shopping. And what better places to go when kid-less? Hobby Lobby. (I'll even admit I went to both Hobby Lobby's yesterday morning...I was on a particular quest) Target and Costco slipped in my line up as well. Can't tell you how much I enjoyed roaming up the aisles without having to pickup a bottle that had been chucked on the ground for the billionth time, or having to stress about something getting knocked over.

It gets better. When we all returned home from the morning adventures, I was able to sneak in some more me time watching a bbc show. I also registered for another art class. Hoping 2011 will be the big year to bring back oil painting in my life. Then after nap time: dinner out & delivering my sisters birthday present. Perfect day.

Thank you 2011 for already being kind. I can't wait to see what else is in store.

No comments:

Post a Comment