I realize that its been an entire month since I last posted. I was starting to think maybe of dropping off?
Yet here I am.
Apologies for yet another one without pictures. I hope to post some soon of the new house. For now the top 10 reasons it has taken me a month to get back on here:
1. Read 'The Hunger Games' trilogy. This didn't take me 30 days to read. Instead I did it in more like 5 days, which is slow according to the general public's average of a book a day.
2. House projects. And there's a zillion. I did help Bug cross off 'hang lights in A & B's room' off the list just now. However, instead of diminishing the list seems to be breeding. Naughty thing.
3. B turned ONE this past week. Can't believe it. Seriously. He has kept me busy pulling out electrical cords, flinging himself down our stairs, pulling/crawling/climbing everywhere, laughing at just about everything still, and overall just maintaining his status of "easy baby." Love him.
4. A started preschool. This is something I am absolutely relishing. We had a late start due to the move, but I managed to find somewhere to slip her in. She is having fun, but you better believe that those 2 1/2 hours without her are the busiest for B and I. We knock out errands left and right. Hip hip hooray for running errands with one kid.
5. Made my kids Halloween costumes this year (this is where a picture would be appreciated, I know.) As if nothing else was happening, I decided to make their costumes. A: Little Bo Peep B: a sheep. It was too cute. Too bad the rain interfered with the Sheep making it out to trick-or-treat at night, but don't worry our cute duo made it to the zoo, and to visit grandparents all over the valley.
6. We have really slow internet service here. I think I have pulled out clumps of hair over this alone. Otherwise, you totally would have been kept in the blogging loop more often. I swear.
7. I am trying to put on a happy face about the new ward. The first Sunday in Relief Society included the phrase from the teachers mouth "Asian women are found to be the most titillating" on a lesson on pornography (?) and I found myself wondering if this is what I've been missing in YWs all these years. (p.s. the lesson was intense. If you want the full report I'll be happy to oblige.) I have made it to a playgroup, and will probably return to RS since they have me committed to saying a prayer.
8. A has been in ballet, and had her little recital. In Bug's words: "this is the cutest thing I have ever seen in my life." Also, I realize a picture would be absolutely fitting here as well. Sorry. But it was amazing. And A did great. So proud of her.
9. Creating a routine over here at the new house. A had a rough start at adjusting. My parents (bless their hearts) basically adopted A & B for a week or two during de-wallpapering and moving. When A finally moved back in with us, it was hard on her...making it hard on us all. Thank heavens for the upgrade to a king size bed so she could come crawl in between on scary nights. She does still ask to go to the "other church" on Sundays, but I think we are back to "normal functioning" again.
10. We still own and are working on our old house. Another shout for joy because Bug has finally agreed to hiring out the majority of the work. Seems two houses (and a cabin) to maintain and care for is more than we can chew. Look for our new transition as landlords at the end of the month.
Well? Am I justified? Shoot. We are all busy, aren't we? And now the holiday season is upon us there's not a moment to loose. I have some grand plans for some Christmas presents, some commissioned artwork to get done, and lots of festivities to plan and arrange in the near future.
As my dad always says "No rest for the wicked."
5 days ago